At First Graphene, we’re always looking for fresh talent to help us build an even more successful business.
We’re an equal opportunities employer, offering great career opportunities and an exciting and fulfilling working environment. As part of the First Graphene team, you’ll be at the forefront of a revolution in advanced materials, working alongside some of the world’s leading scientists, engineers and business specialists to commercialise graphene technology.
If you think that you have the skills and experience to help us grow then please send your CV, together with a covering letter, to: email@example.com.
Graduate Research Technician
An exciting opening for an early-career scientist or chemical engineer in a world class, dynamic multidisciplinary team, working at the forefront of new materials development
Full-time, 12-month fixed term.
University of Manchester
First Graphene (UK) Ltd. has an opening for a 12-month contract researcher working on novel process technologies for the manufacture of graphene-based materials. Based at the world-leading Graphene Engineering and Innovation Centre (GEIC) in Manchester the role will perform experimental studies in collaboration with colleagues in the UK and Australia.
Key priorities for the role:
- Perform laboratory studies of routes to novel graphene-based materials.
- Characterisation of novel graphene products using state of the art analytical tools.
- Effective planning and co-ordination of experimental programmes.
- Documenting and reporting experimental results through written reports and presentation.
- Compliance with company health and safety standards.
- Responsible stewardship of research laboratory and equipment.
To be successful in the role we would expect the candidate to have:
- First Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute laboratory studies.
- Hands-on experience in chemical synthesis.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently.
- Understanding of laboratory Health & Safety regulations.
Preferred Candidates will also have:
- Higher degree in Chemistry, specialising in chemical synthesis.
- Chemical laboratory experience in industry.
£24,000 to £26,000 annually, dependent upon skills and experience.
Applicants must have permission to work within the UK.
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st February 2020.
First Graphene (UK) Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, height or weight.